The North Central Division is seeking nominations for several awards that will be presented during the 2019 Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference in Cleveland, OH. Nominations are being accepted for the following awards: Most Active Chapter – Large and Small Chapters, Most Active Student Subunit, Best Communications, Meritorious Service: and Excellence in Fisheries Science. See 2019 NCD Awards Nominations for details. Please email nominations […]
Author Archive for: webmaster
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud webmaster contributed a whooping 148 entries.
Entries by webmaster
American Fisheries Society – Ontario Chapter Social Event Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 8:30 pm Molly Bloom’s Irish Pub – 170 University Ave W, Waterloo
As of November 4, 2018, the Ontario Chapter has 153 paid members! The membership includes 66 regular, 46 student, 30 young professional, 8 retired and 3 life members. Have you renewed your membership for 2019? Are you a member yet? If not, see the Become a Member page to find out why you should join. AFS individual members […]
Come join us for our 2019 Annual Meeting and Conference at the Geneva Park Conference Centre, on the shores of Lake Couchiching near Orillia. February 28-March 2, 2019
American Fisheries Society Ontario Chapter Fall Seminar “Healing sick trout streams: Ecological restoration, not artificial restructuring of channels” Lecturer: Dr. Ray J. White Date: Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 Time: 2:00 pm Location: WebEx Contact: Brian Morrison (email@example.com) to register See flyer for details.
2019 AFS-OC Annual Meeting, Geneva Park, Orillia, Ontario
This app, currently under development by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, is based on The Baitfish Primer authored by by Becky Cudmore and Nicholas E. Mandrak. The app helps you to identify baitfishes, invasive species and species at risk. Available for Android devices from the Google Play Store.
The September 2018 Mainstream Newsletter is now available from the North Central Division website.
The Baitfish Primer (2018 revision) was authored by by Becky Cudmore and Nicholas E. Mandrak and jointly produced by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Bait Association of Ontario and Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters.
The Wildlife Society & American Fisheries Society Joint Annual Meeting, Reno, Nevada
- AFS-OC Social – November 21, 2018November 10, 2018 - 17:54
- AFS-OC Fall Seminar (via WebEx) – November 22nd, 2018October 15, 2018 - 22:56
- AFS-OC Annual Meeting – February 28–March 2, 2019October 10, 2018 - 12:45
- 149th American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting – September 29-October 3, 2019September 4, 2018 - 17:04
- Canadian Conference For Fisheries Research – January 3-6, 2019July 11, 2018 - 23:11
- PhD and MSc positions to study Atlantic Salmon biology November 10, 2018
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Available at University of Toronto Scarborough October 31, 2018
- Job opportunity with the Pacific Salmon Commission (Vancouver, BC) October 22, 2018
- Important CARS update October 19, 2018
- New scholarships announced for students studying fish and wildlife October 18, 2018